Wednesday, April 22, 2015

the (re)reformation

keep it classy, San Diego
The bad news is that ever since Ashley and I got together, I haven't stuck to my whole "reformation". The good news is that I haven't gained any weight (at least not a significant amount of weight). I'm still hopping about around 165 pounds (that there was a rabbit reference). Ashley and I have been trying to support one another in our own "lifestyle changes," but this is generally what happens: one of us confides a temptation, perhaps to go grab some Penn Station or Chipotle, in the hope that the other can support the one in fighting said temptation. What happens, almost invariably, is that we both end up at Penn Station or Chipotle. My hope is that doing a "check-in" once every 4-6 weeks will assist me in meeting my goals. So here's the first "check-in" since September of last year, and I'm weighing in at 165 pounds. Hopefully I'll be around 160 by the end of May!

Don't get me wrong, we're not too concerned about it. Neither one of us aspires to look like a model, and neither one of us will. Truth be told, I don't find skinny girls attractive, and my one condition, if I can call it that, is that Ashley stays away from a flat stomach. Thankfully she's got a little pouch after birthing two giant babies (and, yes, Chloe and Zoey were HUGE when they popped out of her womb), and that will never disappear (as an aside, I call her my "beautiful marsupial"). My distaste for twig girls, and my love for a little amount of blubber, is captured by Kate Davis' 1940s-era cover of Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass:



No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...