Tuesday, July 03, 2018

on reading



My journey through the historical fiction of the Napoleonic Wars continues! Sadly I've almost reached the end of O'Brian's novels for 2018. His wit and writing style is unparalleled, but Cornwell is a close second. To 'flesh out' the novels I've been supplementing them with a plethora of non-fiction works detailing various phases and events in Early Modern Europe. Many of them have been hit-or-miss, but those posted below have been fantastic. 




I'm almost done with my historical Reading Queue for this year; once I finish a handful of non-fiction books, I'll be side-stepping from the Early Modern World to splash headfirst into science fiction, horror, and a good number of detective yarns. If I have time I'll also purvey some dinosaur books. Who doesn't love a good dinosaur book (and a lot of good ones have come out over the last year)?

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...