Thursday, February 27, 2020

the year in books [III]



I've wrapped up (quite early, if I might say) my 2020 queue of Star Wars books. As much as I've enjoyed reading through the Legends in chronological order, some of these weren't exactly five-star material. Aaron Allston's two books - X-Wing: Iron Fist and X-Wing: Solo Command - were decent, but I struggled through Wolverton's The Courtship of Princess Leia and Denning's Tatooine Ghost. And though Timothy Zahn's infamous Thrawn Trilogy is required reading for anyone interested in the expanded Star Wars universe, I had trouble adapting to his writing style. I remember his books being much better when I was in junior high. I'm hoping 2021's Star Wars queue is more enthralling.

And to top off this post, here are some cool 'facts' about the gas giant Bespin:








No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...