Saturday, March 28, 2020

the year in books [V]



I love historical fiction, and some of my favorites are historical fiction set in the ancient Roman period. Robert Harris' Imperium and Conspirata follow the life of Cicero, who played an integral part in Roman politics in the days of Julius Caesar. I'm saving his Dictator - the last book of the trilogy - for next year. They're solid reads. His Pompeii wasn't as good as the Cicero books. Harry Sidebottom's Fire in the East was phenomenal, and I've added some more of his stuff to my 2021 Queue. Bernard Cornwell's Sword of Kings is the latest in his Anglo-Saxon series, and though it's technically not set in the Roman period, it's close enough to round out this year's Roman historical fiction. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...