Friday, April 03, 2020

the reformation: post-bulk

Naomi is great at a lot of things, but making my workouts
easier is not one of them.
I haven't lost any weight since my last 'reformation update' last year, but that's not surprising, given that I've been doing a 'bulk.' I've actually gained three pounds - back up to 160 pounds! - but I've been setting a slew of new records in every weight lifting category. I've been aiming for 130-160g of protein a day and keeping carbs around 130g with a daily caloric goal of 1800 a day. For the next three months, I'm going to be 'cutting': aiming for around 1400 calories a day and keeping my protein high and my carbs low. 

The gyms have shut down because of the covid-19 pandemic, but since I've been confined by time and money to home workouts, that doesn't affect me. I'm in a couple Facebook groups for dads who're into fitness and bettering themselves, and they're really struggling to adapt. Stores have been sold out of weight-lifting equipment for weeks, and orders placed today could take up to a month to be delivered. I'm thankful that I can keep up my routine with dumbbells and a pull-up bar. Lots of men are reporting that they've started regressing due to the loss of gym access, but I'm one of the lucky few who will (God willing!) continue making progress. Below is an 'update' collage of where I stand at 160 pounds:


No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...