Sunday, February 28, 2021

family devotions: Revelation [I]



Our family is kicking off 2021 with a chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse study of the Book of Revelation. I've been loving the study, and the girls (not to mention the wife) appreciate my use of PowerPoint. I can include pictures, graphs, charts, all sorts of good stuff to really bring the study to life. The approach I'm taking is a partial-preterist approach (popular with postmillennialists such as myself), in which I hold that most of Revelation has already been fulfilled with only a few chapters towards the end yet to come to pass. This is, of course, a wildly different approach to Revelation as that in most evangelical churches; it's the zeitgeist of the age to view Revelation as a book depicting future events of the 'End Times' according to a dispensationalist reading of scripture. I reject this futurist reading hook, line, and sinker, and I feel that I've made a pretty good case for Revelation being, for the most part, a prophecy regarding events happening in the first century (namely the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70). 

This study will likely take a couple months, but at the end of each month I'll include links to what we've already covered. Here are the studies we knocked out this month:







No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...