Saturday, November 01, 2008

me & jessie at Potter's Ranch

Finally! I have a week where I don’t have any papers due, no exams to study for, nothing but class and work and hanging out with friends. And it couldn’t have come at a better time. Last week was pretty rough, both with the whole ordeal involving my friend plus conflicts with other friends. Hopefully things have smoothed themselves over.

Amanda came onto campus last night. We joined Jessie and my Thai friend Sarah, and we went to The Highlands in Clifton. It’s a nice coffee shop with a courtyard. We sat in the courtyard, threw back coffees and lattes, had a grand time filled with lots of laughter. Jessie and Amanda hit it off really well. Jessie and I are really close. She’s one of my best friends on this campus. Lots of people think we are dating, which is hilarious, because neither of us have dating intentions for one another. She’s a pretty fantastic girl, and it’s great having her as a friend. She told me last night, “If we weren’t friends, I’d be so lonely and feel so lost.” It’s quite sentimental, and it is a shared feeling. Here is a picture of the two of us at Potter’s Ranch:


I’m here for the weekend, and it gets quite boring. Kyle said we were going to hang out, but he disappeared. His car isn’t in the parking lot. So now I’m stuck here doing nothing. I’ll probably play my flight simulator game for a little while. Perhaps clean my room. Maybe do laundry (I was hoping to stave off laundry till tomorrow). When Kyle gets here, we’re going to watch “300” and I’m going to help him write two papers for “Classical Greco-Roman History.”

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...