Thursday, March 08, 2012

best dress

The last several posts have been rather serious, and since I like to think of myself as a light-hearted person (whether or not that's true, who can say?), I feel compelled to exercise a bit of tension-relief (by turning, strangely enough, to zombies & Damien Jurado). "How do the two go together?" Well, not really that well, so far as I'm aware. But as I told Blake, if I had the knowledge, expertise, finances, and ability to make a legitimate zombie movie, I'd probably try and get Damien Jurado to do the soundtrack for it. Many of his songs capture what I think best fits the zombie universe: tragedy. Much of his song-writing is melancholic and Shakespearean, hauntingly heart-breaking. The song below is called "Best Dress," and it's got a sort of "Southern Alabama feel" to it. It'd fit perfectly with an outbreak in the tropics, methinks.

And regarding the "heavier" topics we've seen, we'll get back to that in due time.
But enjoy this video, and imagine it, Stan: zombies in the Everglades!



Coming up next with Damien Jurado: one of the best NPR Radio sets you'll ever see.
"Koala out."

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...