Sunday, January 07, 2018

2018 Resolutions



“A new year and a new me!”
Except not really.

Not a lot of people do New Year’s Resolutions, but I’m fond of them. I like having yearly goals, a certain set of things to strive after. Each year thus becomes more defined, and more memorable, and different than the years before or after it. I’m a categorical kind of guy and like to view my life in compartmentalized, bullet-pointed phases. I think it might be part of my aspergers. Despite my fondness of Resolutions, I hardly ever achieve all of them. I’m ahead of the game if I even accomplish two. This past year I was not ahead of the game. My 2017 Resolutions were:

[A] Make Progress with School
[B] Read an Hour a Day
[C] Write Two Novels

I didn’t start school back up (it’s slated for spring/summer this year, for financial reasons), I didn’t write two novels, but I did read an hour a day (and clocked in at 185 books read, a new record). Many of this year's goals are along the same lines:

[A] Read or Write an Hour a Day*
[B] Continue Living Healthier
And… (commence drumroll...)
[C] Buy a House**



*Though I hit a whopping 185 books read last year, I didn't get much done in the way of writing. I'm hoping to remedy that this year by allowing myself to use "reading time" for "writing time." My aim this year is to write two novels and finish my Brief History of England (much of which is posted in 2017's chronicles).

**By the goodness of God we have saved up enough money for a good-sized down-payment on our own home and brought our credit and debt to where it needs to be to get a good loan. There are lots of reasons to look forward to 2018, but having our own home, rather than renting, tops the list.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...