Saturday, August 04, 2018

the reformation: a come-to-Jesus moment

I feel like this is an article I should read
I’m not as lithe as I used to be—that, if anything, is what the first month of my so-called ‘reformation’ has taught me. My recovery times are longer, I have more pain in my back and joints (a back brace during weight lifting has become a necessity), and the weight doesn’t seem to budge. Though losing weight isn’t my goal, it’d still be nice to see. All the same, I’ve increased my weight lifting significantly; this is the most I’ve lifted since 2010, and though I’m often hindered by lots of sore muscles, I’m getting back into rhythm. I’ve reworked my workout regimen (and it will likely be reworked again):

DAY ONE – Chest and Shoulders
DAY TWO – Semi-Daily Routine
DAY THREE – Arms
DAY FOUR – Semi-Daily Routine
DAY FIVE – Chest, Shoulders, and Arms
DAY SIX – Rest Day
Repeat!

The ‘Semi-Daily Routine’ is a series of less strenuous activities. It was born out of a “Four P’s” workout I did for a few weeks (Push-Ups, Pull-Ups, Pilates, and Planks), and it’s grown to include squats, lunges, wall-sits, and jumping jacks. I’ve continued trying to eat well, but in all honesty I’ve messed up a lot over the last couple weeks. Ash and I have had much to celebrate, and celebration is best when done around a table with good food and beloved family.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...