Saturday, February 09, 2019

the reformation: progress (finally!)

the newest photo (taken end of January) is on the right


Though it may not look it in the before and after pictures, I've lost fifteen pounds since taking the first photograph, and twenty pounds since November altogether. It feels good to get some good traction on the road of healthier living. 

My current 'lifting' regimen is to work all the major muscle groups twice a week (chest, back, shoulders, triceps, biceps and forearms, legs and core). The minor muscle groups get hit in the compound exercises of the bigger group. Everything is done with body-weight and dumbbells, and a pull-up bar. Diet wise, I'm heavy on protein and complex carbs. Chicken, tuna, and cottage cheese are my go-tos.  

I've been using a workout app called Fitbod. It lets me create workouts that I can do in 'real time,' logging my sets and reps. It tracks the information so I can see how much I've progressed. Most of my gains have been in my chest, arms, and shoulders. My goal is to lose another five pounds by my 32nd birthday; that would put me around 165. I haven't been 165 since 2015! That would definitely be something to celebrate with a cigar on the back deck.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...