Wednesday, February 27, 2019

the reformation: steady steam ahead



I missed close to two weeks of working out due to catching the flu, but I’m glad to be back at it. Having the flu is a pretty good reason for skimping on self-discipline, but missing my workouts made them feel more like privileges than disciplines. It’s been good getting back into the rhythm.

I’m constantly in a state of flux when it comes to retooling my workouts. I’m always looking for the best way to maximize my time. Right now I’ve got my sessions divided into three groups (chest and shoulders, arms, and core and back). I exercise my upper body in split workouts twice a week (chest/shoulders on Mondays and Thursdays and arms Tuesdays and Saturdays). My core and back session is done on Wednesdays. Each workout takes about thirty to forty-five minutes, the ‘sweet spot’ for weight lifting. Though I haven’t lost anymore weight since my last ‘check-in’ (still hovering around 170), the changes have been noticeable.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...