Thursday, April 25, 2019

the year in books [VIII]



I started reading westerns last year, and I’ve continued enjoying them. My favorite western author so far is Loren D. Estleman. He also has a crime series set in the prohibition era, which I’m keen to check out. When Ashley suggested ‘Loren’ (pronounced like the ‘Loren’ in Sophia Loren, NOT ‘Lauren’) as Naomi’s middle name, I jumped on it. Of course it makes sense to pay homage to Estleman, whose work I first picked up in Colorado while Naomi was in utero. Just a few days ago Ash learned that I approved Naomi’s middle name because of the author; she just thought it sounded cute (and it does).

Here’s a musician Ash showed me, and a wonderful video to boot.
It’s got a western vibe to it, and it’s part of my Workout Playlist.



No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...