Friday, May 03, 2019

the reformation: retooling

April was supposed to be all about 'cutting' (focusing more on losing weight and muscle endurance rather than gaining muscle), but I decided to postpone it for another month. I've been averaging about 1800 calories a day, mainly protein and vegetables, and I've continued making gains (i.e. I've increased weights on every major muscle group). I'm happy to report that I'm now in the 'above-average' weight-lifting range for men my height and age! As much as I want to continue focusing on gaining muscle, I'm getting a little preoccupied with my stubborn belly fat. My plan is to alternate 'cutting' and 'bulking' month-by-month. Here's my most recent 'weight loss' collage. I've finally started losing weight again, and I'm clocking in at 168 pounds. My ultimate goal is 155 pounds, and I'm going to shave my beard as soon as I hit 160. "Why?" you ask. I really don't know how to answer that question; it's just something I've decided to do. I hate beards in the summertime, so it's good motivation to stick to the cutting phase this month.




No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...