Wednesday, March 31, 2021

family devotions: The Life of Abraham [I]



One of my ambitions for 'family devotions' this year is to work through the Book of Revelation; I also aim to work through the life of Abraham (and, if we have time, the lives of Isaac and Jacob up to Joseph and his technicolor dream coat). I'm planning on interspersing Abraham and Revelation throughout the year so as not to become burned out on one subject over another. This first installment of studies on the life of Abraham (or, rather, Abram, for we have yet to reach his infamous name change) looks at how Abram's calling in Genesis 12 connects backward with the Tower of Babel and forward to the cross and the advance of the kingdom through the world, and it begins a historical, verse-by-verse examination of Abraham's journeys in Canaan. This month we spent four weeks in Genesis 12, and it's been exciting (though I don't know if my fourteen-year-old daughter would agree; the eight-year-old loves the pictures though!). I've been doing bible studies on PowerPoint, which helps everyone follow along and keeps the little ones' interest up. Below are the subjects we covered this month:





No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...