The next installment of my 2022 Reading Queue is a series of historical fiction centered around the World Wars. The first - All Quiet on the Western Front - takes place on the front line trenches during the Great War. Devastation Road is the story of a downed bomber pilot who has amnesia and is stuck in enemy territory. The Good Shepherd is C.S. Forester's classic story about the Atlantic War during World War Two, in which the main character - played by Tom Hanks in the remake titled Greyhound- is in charge of leading a convoy of supplies from New York to Great Britain in the midst of German U-boat attacks. Catch-22 is Joseph Heller's classic WW2 novel; it was an odd duck, to be sure! Here's the remake of The Good Shepherd:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Children's Westminster Catechism: Question 4
Question: How can you glorify God? Answer: By loving him and doing what he commands. We saw in Question 3 of the Children's Catechism th...
-
Over the last couple of days, I've been listening to Straylight Run and wondering, "What is sin?" Straylight Run is not rela...
-
I didn't go to Southwest Church today; instead, I took my Bible and drove to Clearcreek Park half a mile down the road from K-Mart. I re...
-
I have kept a daily journal since 1999. What you see here is my proud collection, each journal holding on its pages the excitement and t...
No comments:
Post a Comment