The next installment in my 2022 Reading Queue is a series of books centered around the Hittites of the Bronze Age. As I'm studying the life of Abraham, I've found it helpful to polish up on my Bronze Age history. The Hittites are a fascinating study, especially since their empire was so short-lived. The book Peoples of the Old Testament World surveys a host of Old Testament-era nations - the Hittites included - and is an invaluable asset for any study of the Hebrew scriptures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Children's Westminster Catechism: Question 4
Question: How can you glorify God? Answer: By loving him and doing what he commands. We saw in Question 3 of the Children's Catechism th...
-
Over the last couple of days, I've been listening to Straylight Run and wondering, "What is sin?" Straylight Run is not rela...
-
I didn't go to Southwest Church today; instead, I took my Bible and drove to Clearcreek Park half a mile down the road from K-Mart. I re...
-
I have kept a daily journal since 1999. What you see here is my proud collection, each journal holding on its pages the excitement and t...
No comments:
Post a Comment