Monday, April 05, 2004

the 14th week

Christopher Williams, everyone.
Monday. I worked 4-7:00 after work, and then Lee came over. He came with me and my family to Frisch's for dinner. I got the Atlantic cod. Yum! Healthy, too! Mom thinks I'm paranoid about what I eat. I just don't wanna be fat anymore. We had a pool tournament back at the house, and Dad won: he always does. I took Lee home, ran by the store for a journal, and then I went home. Rainy, muggy day. It's raining outside right now.

Tuesday. Chelsea E. was looking at me during lunch. I looked her in the eyes and she looked away, snooted. Alex S. is trying to woo Kristen to prom. His hopes are absolutely zero. I laughingly joked with Zach about it, and apparently Kristen had already mentioned Alex's unavoidable pitfalls. In ninth grade he got mad at me and told everyone I said that a kid from our school who died went to hell, and he told the Jewish kids at our school that I said God was sending them there, too. Some still hold that against me, even though it never happened. I took Lee and Zach home (Kristen forgot her brother for some SADD thing). I went to 1/2 Price with Chris, and we went by Border's, too. They're right next to each other by the Mall. Dewenter joined us. I bought a book on the weapons & warfare of The Lord of the Rings. We went to Salvation Army, where I got two books and Dewenter got a shirt. We saw Lindsey from 412 there. An Indian guy wanted us to buy his trinkets. At the Southard's we had our Small Group on masculinity in guys and femininity in girls. 

Wednesday. I missed 39 of 40 questions on my Math test. Kristen called me after work, desperate for me to babysit for her. Of course I said Yes, to help her out. Pat D. and Chris came over. We had a light dinner, and I took Ashlie and Amanda to their Small Group. Ron stopped by to get Chris, but we were gone; so we got Chris' clown wig from my place (Jeff's filming Chris wearing it for a CIY video), and then we took him to the Lloyd's. Pat D. and I chilled, watched the first Lord of the Rings movie. We played D-I-N-O (our version of HORSE). We picked up Ashlie & Amanda from their Small Group, left Dewenter at the house. Mrs. Howard let me in, and I went to the basement. Ashley, Angie, and Mindy were there, too. 

April Fool's Day. Ashlie & Lee came home from school with us today. We went to Family Christian for Ashlie & Amanda, and I got a fish/cross decal for my Jeep and The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel. Amanda and Lee played pool, flirting the whole time, with Ashlie & I listening from upstairs. I ran down the steps and jokingly burst, "Are you going to ask her or what, Man?!" He croaked, "Will you give me some time, Buddy?" So he asked her, and she said "Yes." So now Lee & Amanda are officially boyfriend and girlfriend. Amanda went and got her haircut by Carl at Logan's Salon, and Ashlie went with us. Lee went to his Small Group for worship, and Kristen was there. I took Ashlie home, ate a bowl of ice cream before going to bed. Pat D., Chris, Hank and Bryon went to a hardcore concert tonight. As an April Fool's joke I told Mom that everyone at school thinks Amanda is a pothead. Haha!

Friday. I worked 4-9:00 after school, and I brought some grape juice home with me and watched TV until bedtime. God is so fascinating, so marvelous, so wonderful, so awesome. I'm so blessed to be a part of his family.

Saturday. I woke up, showered, studied for the ACT, and then drove around for a while before taking it at the high school. It was hard and over around 11:30. I had the day off work, so Chris, Pat D., and Amanda came over. Chris sat in the driveway honking my Jeep horn for about five minutes before Dad yelled at him to stop. Pat D. moaned, "What's he doing out there? He's being so loud!" We all went to Deal's: Chris & I got pocket lighters, Pat D. got some headphones for his backpack, and Chris & Pat chose a duck lawn ornament for our yard. I joked with Chris about something in the Jeep and he got mad, pouted all night, and then he just walked home. I took Pat D. home, watched a tv show on sharks, and went to bed.

Sunday. Corey came over, and we went to Kemper's place, but Kaityln forgot the video camera, so that fell through. Corey, Chris and I went hiking at North Park: climbing hills, traversing fallen trees stretched over ravines, burnt clumps of dead leaves in our cupped hands. We ran into Erica S. in a nearby neighborhood, and we also ran into Chelsea E. running the trails. She pretended not to know us even though no one else was even around. I've been thinking about how in 200 years, everyone on this earth will be dead, forgotten, ignored. Maybe it's best not to try and leave a legacy, to simply obey God, follow Jesus, and have fun? 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...