Wednesday, July 16, 2008

fund-raising

It has been a while since I’ve written anything on here. Things are going really well. I’ve preached five times this summer, and I am looking forward to my last sermon on the 3rd. Once the doors of the building open, Anthony is jumping in his car and beginning the long trek home: 15 hours of delightful driving. This internship has been one of my most exciting summers. I’ve loved working side-by-side with Larry, Josh, and Shelli. The people here are fantastic, and they do not want me to leave. Several have told me that I should transfer to Crossroads Bible College, and one man grabbed me by the shoulder last Sunday and told me, “I have a feeling that God is going to bring you back to Minnesota.” Yesterday, as we were driving through the Minnesota northern highlands, Larry told me, “I’m trying to get the elders to approve of hiring you for seven weeks next summer. I’ll be gone, training for the Army National Guard to become a chaplain, and they’ll need someone to fill in for me.” Seven weeks of full-time pay? Even more experience doing what I love? Sure! But the elders still have to approve it. Karen and I have been talking about coming up to Minnesota over our Christmas Break and going ice-fishing on the lake. Karen is in Mexico on a mission’s trip. Thus I haven’t been able to talk to her for about a week. I’ve had insomnia, and I think that it may have something to do with not being able to talk to Karen at night. I need to call a few people (Amanda, Sarah, Monica, etc.) so I might call them before I go to bed, haha. Maybe that will help. But Karen will be back in the States on the 19th, and I’ll get to see her! Sadly, she’s leaving for Gatlinburg the day when I get back into Springboro, so I won’t be able to see her until about a week later. And Amanda won’t be home either! I’ll get to see my friends, though, and parents, and we have a swimming pool now, so it’ll be nice to have a nice drink of… coffee… while lounging in the pool on floaties. 

Larry has been considering fund-raising projects. 

I told him, “We could sell indulgences. That’s worked before. It helped build the entire St. Peter’s Basillica.” 

Larry nodded. “I’ll run it by the elders.”

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...