Monday, July 28, 2008

I know it’s been a couple centuries since I have written on this thing. Sitting in the office today, with nothing to do, I decided I wanted to begin blogging again. The most obvious beginning to this blogging endeavor is filling all you zero readers in on all that has been happening in my life.

I am only a year away from graduating with my Bachelor’s in Biblical Studies, with an emphasis in Pauline literature.

I am dating the most wonderful girl in the word, a German chick named Karen. We worked at the Hilltop Café for a year or two, building a friendship, and started dating in February of this year. We shared our first kiss on Valentine’s Day. I do love her, I won’t be shy about that. We are not engaged, but we have been seriously talking about marriage. Her mom really likes me, and she is constantly asking Karen what kind of wedding she wants, when she wants to get married, has she picked out the people who will be in the wedding, etc. I want to get married, but I want to get my finances in a somewhat stable position before doing so. She has already graduated college and is in the Master’s program for Psychological Counseling. So if we get married in, say, December, we’ll be working full-time, going to school full-time, being sucked in debt, and trying to have a good marriage. Her parents offered us to live in the apartment in their basement for really low rent. That’s a relief, at least! But, sadly, I don’t like the city, and I would rather get married and move out into the country… But that wouldn’t happen for at least two to three years, until she is done with her Master’s. Also, she has to do a practicum in a year, which means that she may be going anywhere in the nation to do it.

I have been in Minnesota for nearly three months now, serving as an Associate Pastor at a small church in the southern portion of the State. It has been a wonderful experience thus far, and even though it will be sad to leave this Sunday, to head back home, I’m still excited about seeing my family, friends, and girlfriend again.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Thanks for filling us in on what's happening in your life.

All is good here in Colorado.

Adam

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...