Monday, April 02, 2012

the 40th week

This picture was grabbed from my Facebook home-feed.
Check out that ridiculously purple lightning!
Monday. I went to The Anchor before closing with Amos. It was slow, so we were out by six. The record-breaking heatwave has passed, and the weekend's storms have made it actually feel like spring. It's nice. No one came over tonight, so we housemates played it solo: Andy made French toast and we watched "Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll," a series of informational videos designed to educate young Christians on the secular evils of our world. Lessons learned: (a) Sex is fun! But so is bungee jumping, if you do it right! (still not sure what the take-home point is). (b) All drugs will kill you. Except marijuana, but weed always leads to ODing on something else or just plain-old wrecking your life. And (c) Bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Jethro Tull are windows for the devil (which explains a lot in regards to my life). 

Tuesday. After work (and, of course, The Anchor) I went Clifton for a while, and I spent most of the evening just hanging out with Ams and Josh in her room. Yeah, superbly exciting. 

Wednesday. A long-ass day. Did some writing at The Anchor before a ridiculously busy close and a meeting running long past sunset. Amos and I didn't get home 'till pretty late, and we played video games for a bit before he retired for his double tomorrow. I hung out with Ams when she came home from seeing the Beauty & the Beast pageant in Dayton. In the middle of the night I woke and threw off my covers and threw shit around my room, and I woke up both Andy below me and Ams at the front of the house. Oh, just a night terror. Fucking hate those. I'm just glad I get them only a couple nights a year. 

Thursday. Jess, a friend from the Starbucks I used to work at close to a year ago, popped into the store today to say Hey. It was so great to see her, and I'm looking forward to *hopefully* hanging out with her and some other Starbucks pals next Thursday. It'd be great to see those guys again. After work I spent the evening hanging out with Ams and Andy, and we played Black Ops and watched Dale & Tucker Vs. Evil, and ate Domino's pizza. "Basically," Andy said, "this movie is what it'd be like if Blake and Amos were hillbillies." He pretty much nailed it. I'd consider a solid day.

Friday. After a snappy close with Amos, I secluded myself in my room and blasted Adele. No, I'm not lying; and I even declined an Anchor invite to do so. Some strong storms with purple lightning rippled through come nightfall, and I sat on the front porch and smoked cigarettes and just watched the lightning and felt the thunder in my chest.

Saturday. Dad came down from Dayton and we switched the Celica into my name, and I finally renewed my driver's license (only a month late). We hit up Carew Tower for coffee, and then I hurried to Dusmesh for lunch with Pat D. I hadn't seen him for quite some time, and it was so good to catch up over steaming plates of Indian cuisine. He jetted off to Dayton and I returned home for the ritualistic post-Dusmesh nap (naps have become quite special, seeing as I've lost three since switching back to full-time baristas in lieu of Ana's ability to work full time). I got coffee at The Anchor and did some more reading (still trowing through Hitchens' God Is Not Great). Amos and I had Rally's for dinner, and I went out for a midnight drive through Eden Park and back. 

APRIL FOOL'S DAY. Dandelions sprouted down the street overnight, and the front tree's leaves are filling in blood-red. Blake and I went downtown to the Tazza Mia in Carew Tower, visited Gina and Hartman. He got an iced sweet beard and I got an iced latte. All the housemates went to The Anchor for dinner, and I had the western omelette with wheat toast and home fries slathered in onions and cheese, all of it washed down and polished off with coffee and cigarettes. Andy put C.C.R. and Damien Jurado on the jukebox, and we sang to "Ohio." I spent the evening continuing through Christopher Hitchens' God Is Not Great, and then Blake and I sat on the front porch smoking American Spirits watching midnight storms lighting up the night. "What's with all the purple lightning lately?" Probably has something to do with Ohio's fuck-show of a weather system.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...