Thursday, July 19, 2012

a damned good doctor's visit

I had my two-month follow-up with Joe regarding all these health issues I've been having as of late. He did a thorough check-up, head-to-toe, did vitals and all that, and it's good news: everything's in great, pristine working order, and my lymph nodes haven't just grown smaller but returned to normal size. "You just got so skinny, the fat that usually cushions them was almost gone, so you could feel them like you couldn't before." They may have been enlarged due to the urinary tract infection that was taken care of back in May, but now they're back to normal size, and that's excellent news. Lymphoma? That never should have been mentioned. The infection was eliminated, according to the blood-work, and the matter has pretty much been put to rest. We're going to do another check-up in a couple months, not because he suspects anything, but because he knows how I worry. Chances are extremely high that the lymph nodes will be the same normal size, as would be expected with a healthy 25-year-old guy. Some other ailments I've been having are due to stress and of no concern: "You're describing things that everyone experiences at one point or another. You're just paying so much attention to your body now that you notice them like never before." And thus things are calming down, and I'm feeling much better, definitely less stressed: it's funny, because those ailments that have been accosting me so much lately have been almost non-existent today. And why? Probably because I was stressing out about the doctor's visit, and now that it's passed and passed well, I've calmed down. 

Also, I'm writing this at The Anchor.
I almost titled this post "from the anchor (IV)", but that's getting pretty redundant.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...