Monday, August 05, 2019

the reformation: goal reached



This morning I weighed in at 160 pounds, which was the goal I set for myself last year. In lieu of reaching my goal, I shaved my beard (much to the wife's disappointment; but, damn, it's hot as hell having a beard in the summertime!). I chose 160 pounds for two reasons: (1) it's the weight my doctor said I should be at, and (b) if I lose anymore I end up looking a year younger with each pound lost. When Chloe saw my shaved face, she exclaimed, "You look like a teenager!" The beard really did help me look my age, so maybe I should've have been so gung-ho about shaving it? Aw, who cares. I feel like I can BREATHE again, and feeling the wind against my cheeks and chin is quite nice.

Having reached 160, I'm shifting back towards bulking. I've made large strides in weight-lifting, but I'm going to push myself even harder while increasing my caloric and protein intake. Hopefully the next update will see me with some bigger muscles. It's a slow process, but well worth it. Hell, this time last year I couldn't even begin to lift the weight I'm lifting, so I'm optimistic.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...