Sunday, September 01, 2019

the reformation: ten months in

It's been ten months since I set off on my 'reformation' journey (in previous posts I erroneously dated the beginning of my reformation from December; in actuality, I started really getting serious early in November last year). At this point in time, I've hit some pretty awesome goals by switching between cutting and bulking phases with weightlifting:

I've more than doubled the amount of weight I can lift.
I've dropped nearly thirty pounds.
I hit my goal of 160 pounds and am now in the 150s.
And my wife thinks I'm incredibly hot.

For the next six weeks, I'm going to be focused on cutting and trying to shed some more of my belly (it is damned resilient). Come Thanksgiving and Christmas, I'm going to take advantage of the extra holiday calories and do a bulk, and I'm going to start 2020 with another cut. Here's a toast to more progress:



It's a modified 'Pirate Grog' loosely based on the 18th century recipe.
It's water, rum, brown sugar, and lemon juice.
(You can also use lime, if you prefer a more Napoleonic take).
This has been one of my more guilty late-night pleasures.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...