Monday, August 30, 2004

senior year (I)

Monday. Last night Zach, Ams, Corey and I visited Kristen at her job in Centerville: Pet Supplies Plus. My passion for her is going the way of the grave, and I hope it doesn't go all zombie and resurrect. I worked 3-7:00, and then I picked up Ams and Ashlie from Ashlie's house, and Corey, too, and we went over to the Howard's for an evening partying by the pool. I lost my purity ring in the grass (never did recover it). Dylan and Corey spent the night. So did Ashlie. I told scary demon and hell stories. 

Tuesday. I had a really light supper after D-Group, then went on a run and did some exercises. I walked to Dairy Queen with Chris & Lee and Pat D. Mom & Dad came by when we were there, gave us a lift to the Williams' in the back of Dad's truck. We played a 007 tournament. I fell asleep early, and Chris and Pat D. kept messing with me. They poured tobasco sauce all over my lips and arm and it burned. Tomorrow's the last day of summer. Pat D. says summer was worthless. I'll try and counter with ten good things that happened during the Summer of 2004. 

The Last Day of Summer '04. Chris was supposed to wake me up for my orthodontics appointment but never did. His alarm went off, but instead of waking me up, he just turned it off and fell back asleep. We all went for coffee at DLM. I had one of their Tuscan flat-bread sandwiches. I worked 4-8:00 with Devin and Stephanie. Time crawled by, everyone was miserable. I went to the Williams' afterwards, and we celebrated the last day of summer by chugging Diet Rite and watching Seinfeld reruns. Here's my one apprehension: every year I'm stuck without friends at lunch. Will it change this year? I have prayed immensely and continue to pray on this. Things should be okay. Now, my Top 10 list for Summer 2004:

1. I grew much closer to God!
2. I lost 40+ pounds!
3. I wrote 25 sermons.
4. I rekindled my friendship with Dylan and Tyler.
5. C.I.Y., Crank's Creek, Lakeside, and Kentucky visits!
6. The Garage 1919, an upcoming venue through 412, was approved!
7. I was accepted into Cedarville University!
8. I started a zombie book! It's called 12 Hours.
9. I participated in a baptism.
10. And I almost got kidnapped! Ha, fun story.

Senior Year: Day One. I woke up at 5:15 and enjoyed a 250 calorie breakfast of eggs and toast. I picked up Ashlie, drove to school, parked in spot 0026. Kristen got it for me during Lakeside. First period is Film & Literature with McBride--no, Purnhagen, she's married now--and I don't have any friends in there or in my CP Senior Science. I sat with Zach and Kristen D. during Study Hall. Angie and Kristen are in my psychology class, and Ashley's in Algebra II, and Tony, Andrew R., and Kristen are in Government. My last class is English IV. The first day of school went well, and then a bunch of people came over for U-Turn. We went to North Park, and we walked the 1/4 mile loop. The goal was to spend that time praying, but it didn't work out: most people just dicked around. Jeff asked me to lead the 40 Days of Community, and I agreed. It's a new thing Southwest's doing, and 412's onboard. 

Friday. Ams wrote in an email that if she had one day left to spend with one person, she'd choose me, "cuz hes like my best friend, and hes always there for me, and gves great advice!! o and hes so funny!" Amanda means so much to me. Really, I am greatly blessed to have her as my sister! Ams, you always wonder if I write about you. Don't worry. Usually I write about my problems--and you're not a problem! Today at school, Angie, Dylan, Tyler, Ashley, Britney and I prayed before lunch. It was really cool. I worked 3-9:00. Really been getting into medieval war stuff lately. It's the history nerd in me.

Saturday. All I ate today was China Cottage. I almost went bowling with Bryon & Erica, but Dad & I went to see the new movie King Arthur instead. 

Sunday. I led Sunday School. The subject: Angels & Demons. It went over well, really fascinating stuff. Everyone loved it. Angie, Megan, and Shelby were the most talkative. Angie wrote me a letter inspiring and encouraging me in my work for God. I want to write a devotional, something new and refreshing and revolutionizing! Ash, Ams, Mom, Dad, Jeff, Mindy, Blue (Jeff's bud from CIY) and his wife at at Subway. At Chris & Lee's we had a Golden-eye tournament followed by Super Size Sunday: we had ice cream, played in the playland, fought in the mat room, and then we went back to their place for even more Goldeneye.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...