Tuesday, August 10, 2004

What's going on?

Haven't posted forever. I don't really have much to write. One of my friends - Lee Williams - just shaved his head bald; with the cheeky sideburns, it looks cool. My friend Pat Dewenter bought a snazzy four-track; he and his band Forsake Me Not are coming along nice, and I must compliment them on their upcoming EP (even if they did fire me as manager :-)). I can't see Chris Williams without his black hair. It's just him now. Hague and Ash are doing fantastic. Never been better. Hanging out a lot more with Dylan and Tyler Yosick. They are friends from sixth-grade that I've reconnected with. Both are really strong and hungry for God. It's wonderful. My a-m-a-z-i-n-g sister is reading Ecclesiastes; wow, what a book. Check it out if you want. Puts things in perspective. My parents are so loving it is unbelievable. I'm so lucky that they care so much about me, and are so interested in my life. Who else is like them??? A lot of great older men in my life have really been an encouragement and help to me as I struggle through sins, weight-loss, and day-to-day life. Doug, Mike, Jeff - thanks. I want to personally thank Doug online - I've probably annoyed him with my thank you's on IM by now - for really being there for me and taking the time to advise me, push me along, and confront me about stuff; he will never understand (at least till he gets to Heaven, anyway) how much he has helped me in my spiritual faith. I believe he - among the others - is one of the greatest spiritual men God has put in my life. So thank you. And all my cousins out there. I love you guys. And my relatives, can't wait for Lakeside, and Jesse and Jared, when you coming down, fools??? Skimping out again :-). Zach, man, showstopper, z-train, you're amazing. Reds game looks great for Thursday, eh? All you guys who come to the Thursday small group, thanks for bearing through me, I know it's gotta be tough :-). Sometimes I think I'm the one who gets the lessons through the small group (even though I write them!). You guys have taught me so much. I probably sound like a fool, but really, this small group has pushed me far in my spiritual walk, not only through leadership and accountability, not only through getting to know all of you, and seeing how passionate for God you are, but also through the community bonds we've been building. Oh, NO SMALL GROUP NEXT WEEK! We'll be near Cleveland, on Lake Erie. I'll write about that in a moment. Be sure you're there for the small group the week of school. we are going through the school year, and we've got something good planned. We'll be meeting at North Park, at the picnic area, if I don't get a hold of you before then.

Lakeside. Nice. Cool air, shuffelboard, running and biking, fishing, swimming off the rocks. Oh, and nice food. Complete freedom. I am excited about hanging out with my family (not just Mom, Dad, Ams, but also all the others from my Dad's side as well). I am also looking at it as an off-the-wall sabatical. I plan on reading Christian books, digging into the Bible, doing lots of soul-searching and praying and listening to God. It will be exciting. Refreshing.

Well. I'm running Ams to McDonald's (why?). She sits here and says, "Food." "Anything else you want to say Ams?" She says, "Hmmm... hmmm... I'm thinking... Umm... Anthony stop! Don't write that in! You're an idiot. No! Don't write that! Stop!" Haha. We are laughing. Well I have to go. Good-bye. Love ya all.

2 comments:

Doug Hill said...

dude, its an honor to call you a friend. you will do great things for God. i believe it. keep on seeking.

peace.

dougie

Mike said...

thanks for the shout out anthony. you are always challenging me by asking the tough questions. i hope that i am half of the encouragement to you that you are to me. thanks for allowing me to be part of your life.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...