Sunday, June 03, 2007

i leave tomorrow... err, today!

So it's 1:15 in the morning, and I should probably go to bed soon: I am teaching a class on servanthood tomorrow for the high school students at Southwest (I would call them high school "kids" but I am no less a kid than they are), and I am making the 5-hour trek to Burghill, Ohio to start camp training. I'm really excited. It'll be good to see Kyle and Amos--and get out of this rut of monotony by actually doing something. Amanda's graduation party is this coming Friday, and I'm leaving camp at noon to make it there by 5:00. I head back Sunday afternoon (the ceremony is Saturday at 5:00, the Nutter Center).

Courtney is deathly ill: she's anemic and has a sinus infection. They're going to be doing surgery on her soon. She's been ridden with sickness for nearly two weeks. My heart breaks for her. We broke up today. It was more of a mutual thing. See, we'd taken a "break" but gotten back together. But the problem was, we didn't deal with our issues. We just went on the steam of liking one another. I love this girl, and she loves me, but right now we can't be in a relationship. So this time we're actually going to take a break for real (it will be hard for me to see her when I am five hours away). We're on really good terms. We were texting back and forth on the phone today about the most random stuff and she was cracking me up. She's hilarious.

I'm excited about this summer. Not just working with kids and being around some of my best friends, but being in an atmosphere conducive to helping deepen my richness with God. I'm really excited about it. I will be stretched, tested, and I will be forced to grow. I'm hoping to come out of it a new person. I'm hoping to find direction for my life. We'll see if that actually happens! So far, the said direction seems fleeting.

All right. I'm starving. I'm going to eat a bologna sandwich and then hit the hay.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...