Thursday, June 07, 2007

an entry from camp

I’ve been at camp now for several days. I made the five-hour trip last Sunday. Kyle and I hung out Sunday night and Monday afternoon, then Amos showed up Monday evening. We went swimming in a pond longer than a football field (and Amos and I swam the full length for fun, and it was exhausting). We’ve spent the last several days getting to know each other (we = the staff for camp this summer). Tom and Karen are in charge, Bucci is underneath them, and the counselors are me, Kyle, and Amos (for the guys), and Emily, Elizabeth, Jessica, and Margie. There has been a lot of laughter and it’s been really fun.

We’ve been spending a lot of time with God, which makes sense, since this is a church camp. It is good that I have been, so-to-speak, “forced” into spending time with God. It’s quite refreshing. I am exploring different types of prayer (for prayer is difficult for me), and I am meditating on scripture throughout the day. I believe this summer is going to be really good.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. I feel like a sort of “transition” has been reached in my life, and now my life is going in a different direction. I am contemplating youth ministry again. I am clueless about the future (in all arenas), but I trust that God knows what He is doing. I entered into a dark spell, a chasm of sorts in my intimacy with God, and I feel like things are beginning to go uphill again. It’s a good feeling.

I am wrestling with some deep issues in my life. Confusion. Bewilderment. Trying to trust God in a certain area of my life. We went to Pittsburg yesterday and walked a labyrinth. The whole time I prayed about this one issue. I am praying for guidance and illumination. Seeking what God wants me to do and trying to remember that God knows what He is doing with me—and that He will fulfill the promises He made to me many months and months ago.

My little sister is going through a hard time. Keep her in your prayers, please!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...