Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I have been graced with the simple life for a few days. Lightning struck our house twice yesterday in that big storm that rolled over, and the internet cables were fried and the pieces in the phone box were blown fifty feet in every direction. My aunt says that as she was showering she could feel the electricity in the water. Yes, she breathes this moment. I do desire the simple life, and a wish of mine is to have lived in the 18th Century (the 1700s). I just wish I had more time to prepare. I'm waist-deep in 412 internship jazz, and with my surgery on Friday and my being all but bedridden for five or six days afterwards, it's really up to my neck trying to get everything figured out. I am on at the church office right now but have to stop the post because I've got a handful of phone calls to make. Peace to all of you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anth,

It was not your aunt Julie that felt the "electricity" in the shower, it was our neighor Julie.

I don't think you will be bedridden, but you may not want to eat anything but milkshakes for awhile. I could only eat milkshakes too and claim I am supporting you, although you know that I will use any excuse to eat ice cream.

dad

Unknown said...

Are you getting your wisdom teeth out? If you are, good luck man, its gonna hurt:)

Rochelle said...

Anthony
What kind of surgery are you having? It sounds like tonsils I'll make sure you're on my prayer list for Fri am
Jordan- you're funny i don't think i've ever met anyone who likes ice cream like you Darrell is a close 2nd

darker than silence said...

It's wisdom teeth. They're pulling all four out at once. But it's better than being shot in the foot. Maybe. I will be put to sleep for it so I'll just have to suffer through the aftermath.

Thanks for the comfort buddy Ty :-)

Rochelle said...

I had the exact same thing done(all 4 out) when I was 20 Actually I went to work the next day ..wouldn't recommend that You'll look like a chipmunk for about 3 days and your dad is right...it will be milkshakes I remember I couldn't eat solid food for a week and the first thing I had was a Wendy's hamburger and it tasted wonderful :)

Adam said...

I need to have my wisdom teeth taken out, and I'm 34. No fun!

What's up Anthony, by the way. :)

Doug Hill said...

anthony...

i had all 4 of mine cut out when i was living in OKC... i went on to play (and win) the college pool tournament that evening. it's a piece of cake. bedridden? heck no! i was up and at 'em that night. you'll be up the next day for sure.

i'll be praying for ya.

darker than silence said...

I hope all you guys are right. I don't mind not eating solid food... I actually haven't been too hungry lately... It's just the pain I'm worried about. If I can move about, so many complications solved.

Prayers appreciated.

Next time you hear for me, I'll have four less teeth.

Rochelle said...

Anthony
I prayed for you this morning Don't worry you'll be able to get up and move around tomorrow You'll be pretty groggy today Take your pain medicine and use ice on your cheeks ..that's what helped the most

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...