Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Life has been so busy lately, with graduation and graduation parties and hanging out with friends. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been bad at all. I've enjoyed every minute of it. Except sometimes, at least for me, I just need to wind down, close myself off from others, just listen to music and relax for hours at a time. There is something beautiful to be discovered in solitude; while I know we're designed for relationship, it would be a mistake to think that we're supposed to plug ourselves into relationships without breaks. Sometimes, when I am surrounded by people for long periods of time, I start to get cranky and upset and annoyed by the smallest, dumbest things; solitude is a necessity for me.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I know exactly how you feel :)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...