Friday, June 10, 2005

Christ Himself walks among the Church, the Body of Christ (Revelation 2:1). This is not figurative; in a way we cannot understand, a way invisible to us, Christ is walking amongst us as we gather, whether it is in homes, at work, on the playground or in a church building. He is with us as we work, sleep, eat, whether we are with friends, enemies, or alone. He sees everything we do: whether our worship is intimate or fake, He knows. Whether we love others, He knows. He has hot words to say to those who gather in His Name but do not live like it’s so (read Revelations 2 and 3). It is simply a comforting thought (or perhaps a scary one) that Christ walks among us as we worship and as we live our lives. There is no reason for me to doubt that Christ is beside me right now, for He promised me and all of His disciples, “I’ll be with you… day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20) Perhaps Christ sits across the table from me, or is leaning over my shoulder, hand on my back, eyes watching the screen as I type, watching the words unfold. Christ walks among us; if our worship is fake, He will know.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Always a comforting thought especially in those hard and lonely times

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...