Friday, June 24, 2005

I am such a stubborn person. I truly am. I will tell you why: God tells me one thing, speaks to my heart, and I hear Him clearly, but I do something totally different. The next day God says the same exact thing, except in different ways; I don't pretend to misunderstand, I do understand, and I understand quite well. But I am apathetic. In the quite times, in the silence, He whispers sweet nothings in my ears, and I am finally forced to just stop, look at my life, and acknowledge He is right. He always is. He is brilliant and loving and there's none better.

Sometimes I am just too selfish to chase after Him, even when He chases after me. Something is wrong within me; to be blatantly honest, sometimes I would rather read a book - or write one - than develop intimacy with God. I am not blind. There is a war going on over me and my intimacy with God. The King whispers in my ear and the Enemy throws distractions my way. I often fall for the trap. He has been whispering to me many days now, and I cannot block His voice. He is quite the persistent One. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. How come we doubt this?

2 comments:

Dylan said...

I really think thats amazing anth. That you would already have such a relationship with God that you can hear Him like that. I also know that the devil does throw many distractions our way, but just think about how much stronger God is than the devil. It also takes alot of self-control, and a desire to know Him better. It's hard anth I know, but you seem to be farther off than I am...Ill be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Anth,

You and Paul have something in common!

Romans 7:14-25

Dad

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...