Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Yesterday was my first day of interning when I was actually around the Jr. Highers. Jeff and I had met a couple times before this, at BW3's, his garage, the church. Without diving into all the details, I really enjoyed yesterday. It was fun hanging out with the kids, getting to know them better, and tagging along with Jeff and Dean, trying to figure out what we were going to do next. I am really thankful that the church and Jeff are allowing me to intern this summer. This far in (which isn't very far), I think I will enjoy youth ministry.

Today I am also thankful for having most of the day off of scheduled duties - until 5:00 when we go to the Franklin Area Food Pantry to help out where we can. Tomorrow I hang out with Dylan, maybe go rock climbing, then off to Starting-Line class at 6:30. Friday we mulch/trim/paint for the Rape and Abuse Crises Center at a hidden location. I think I will enjoy it. Saturday I work 10-4, but afterwards my day is clear and open to friends or self. Sunday, of course, is church and all that fun stuff.

My summer is going along well. I hope yours is, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MY summer is alot of fun so far. But the really fun stuff doesnt come until later..like CIY and getting ready for college. It sucks because I have to get up at 5 every day. But i'm as broke as a joke and I need the money. Later

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...