Thursday, June 02, 2005

The day did not start off exciting. Getting a lethal injection in the arm does not compete with pleasure. Oooh, it is still sore. Nor did I think the day would be extremely better when I sat in the school parking lot for half an hour picking up my little sister.

My day picked up with boneless buffalo wings and potato wedges from BW3's with Jeff, the youth minister for 412. He is allowing me to intern with him this summer, working with the Junior High kids. I am excited, have always wanted to work with the Junior Highers. Despite work, I expect this summer should be fun (interning, friends, CIY, Crank's Creek...).

After another doctor's appointment, Jeff introduced me to the wonderful world of rock climbing in the Oregon District. I didn't think it could really be that exciting, but there's nothing like being pressed against a wall sixty feet in the air, convinced that if you don't defy the odds, you will fall and break your neck. Adrenalin surges through you and you just say, "Screw it," and race to the top. It is a wonderful feeling and I hope to do it again. I got certified today and am considering a membership or at least a 9-visit pass.

Another surprise awaited me when I stepped into my door at home: my graduation present, a beautiful laptop groomed to me specifications, had arrived in the mail. After chatting with Bryon, Debbie and Laura down the street, I tore into the laptop and now it sits beside me. I do not have internet on it yet, but I am not complaining: my bedroom internet is wonderful. Tomorrow I hang out with Dylan, maybe eat China Cottage, then Jeff and I go over some internship jazz before my weekend of work begins...

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...