Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ams' Graduation

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I returned home Friday evening to be with my family and friends during Amanda's graduation. On Friday night Ams had her graduation party: lots of good food and good people. It was nice to see many of my friends again, and it was fun spending time with our relatives who spent the night (whom I had not seen since Christmas). On Saturday, a bunch of us went to a house on Bunnell Hill and explored. We're thinking about buying this house and selling our current one. It has an abandoned walk-in trailer in the woods, which I plan on renovating and making a reading lounge if we end up buying the place. Amanda and I went to Lenscrafters to order new contacts, Best Buy for some CD-Rs, and we stopped by C.V.S. so I could get some pens for camp. Last evening at 5:00, Ams had her graduation ceremony. She was so frightened, afraid that she would trip getting her diploma. "I would have cried," she told me. My aunt said, "Well, just looked over at us, and we would have all been laughing!" All of us ate out at Marion's Pizza near the Fairfield Commons after the ceremony, then most of our extended family left (grandma's staying the week because Amanda is getting her tonsils out on Monday).

Amanda and I are eating out at China Cottage at 11:00. Following that, I'm going to drop her off back home and begin my long trek back to camp. I won't get there until about 5:00, sadly, so I will probably not be able to go swimming in the pond today. Nevertheless, our training ends Thursday, and I don't start my first week of camp till next Monday, so I have a three-day weekend and plan on visiting the pond a few times. Kyle likes it when I dive into the pond off the dock. He says I look like a penguin, ha!

While at camp, I am unable to access blogger. However, I can still access xanga. So I am rerouting all my readers to the following address: http://www.xanga.com/ajbarnhart. Or you can just go to the top of the page and click on the "xanga" tab beneath the heading. Whichever is easier for you.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...