Thursday, August 02, 2007

losing touching searching

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is the proposed cover art for my latest work, losing touching searching. I have been working on this book for several months now. The book serves as a fictional autobiography; this is quite the oxymoron, I know, but this book takes certain events in my life and spins them in a different life. The story revolves around one boy’s abandonment of God because of heartbreak, and then his subsequent return to God and a fresh perspective on God’s nature. It sounds extremely simple, I know, but I’ve worked hard and diligently to make this story unique. Nearly eighty percent of the material comes straight out of my own journals, though three chapters are entirely fictional (Chapter Six, Chapter Eight, and Chapter Nine). I have two more chapters to go, and then my work will be published. I’m really excited about this one. It will be my first hardcover, and it strays from my usual kind of writing (drama/horror/action). Most of the book is conversation and journal entries taken from the darker days of my past.

Once this book is published, I have two options. Either turn my attention upon No Perfect Endings or upon a horror story which I have been taking notes for. I’m not sure which route I’ll pursue, though at this time, I am itching to get back into my classic style of writing. Hopefully losing touching searching will be completed by the end of August; I think it will do even better than Flowers Quickly Fading, which has sold tremendously (almost up-to-par with 36 Hours!).

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...