Saturday, January 12, 2008

one hell of a week

My car broke down (again). Which means I’m stuck at school for a few days with no hope of getting off-campus. Wow, that sucks. Campus is suffocating sometimes, and my car is my lifeblood. I wish we had gotten a different car. The engine keeps messing up, the brakes keep falling apart. It’s annoying as hell. And have you ever realized how a car breaks down when you need it the most? That seems to be how it is for me, at least. I’ll have my car on Wednesday or Thursday, but I had plans throughout last week, and now I can’t do any of them, except sit in my dorm room and stare at the wall. Most of my friends live off-campus, so I only get to see them when my car is in working condition (or when their cars are in working conditions, as it happens to be). 

Let’s see how the first week of January has gone. 
Well, half of my Christmas gifts were stolen out of my car at a gas station.
Doogie died, and that’s been difficult to bear. 
Now my car decides to fall apart at the worst time. 
And add to all that the fact that I'm stuck sitting next to Courtney all week.

Not a good week at all. 
Lindsey says things will get better. 
I do hope she's right.


No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...