Friday, April 04, 2008

lobster delight

I spent the morning packing up my room. Tomorrow I’m taking dad’s van down to school, loading up boxes, and then ferrying it back home. I packed thirteen boxes full of books and movies and video games and all kinds of junk like that. Throw on top of it four trash bags of clothes and one trash bag of, well, trash. I never realized how much stuff I had in my room. The house is quiet. All I can hear are my fingers tapping on the keyboard and the hum of the refrigerator. Amanda is on her way home from Indiana. She tells me she’s been getting really good at Halo on the X-Box, so we’re going to duke it out tomorrow, see who wins the title. I’m kind of nervous to be honest. It would be so humiliating for her to beat me! With Book One of The Procyon Strain complete, I’m turning my attention to a short novella entitled they came from the sea. I told Karen all about the plot synopsis. She thinks it is ridiculous and no one will read it. Honestly, she’s probably right. But it’s going to be so much fun to write! Think about the movies “Cloverfield” and “War of the Worlds” combined, except the monsters aren’t space-borne aliens; rather, they are oversized crustaceans! Giant lobsters, humongous horseshoe crabs, crawling onto dry land to resettle, pushing humanity out of the way with their pincer claws and hairy fangs! Stupid? Yes, quite stupid—and silly. But it’s going to be really fun to write. Here is a funny picture I found online (the lobsters in my story aren’t this friendly):


No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...