Monday, March 31, 2008

a text convo

A conversation over text messaging: 

Mandy: Who is this? 
Me: It’s Anthony. Is this Amanda Thomas? 
Mandy: No it is not. 
Me: Oh. Well who is this? 
"Mandy": I don’t know you and I don’t know how you got this number. Please stop texting me. 

I still can’t figure out how in the world I have a stranger’s phone number plugged into my contacts list. The weather is becoming warm again. Some trees are beginning to cover themselves with leaves. A row of budding flowers leads up through dead leaves to the front porch back home. I wish Doogie were here to enjoy it. He never did like winter. 

I’ve officially taken up the internship offer at Forest Lake Christian Church in Minnesota. Here is a picture of the church where I’ll be working as an interning preacher:


No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...