Sunday, April 23, 2006

I didn't go to Southwest Church today; instead, I took my Bible and drove to Clearcreek Park half a mile down the road from K-Mart. I read 1 Kings 1-2, the end of King David's life. I think it's an amazing story. Because of his sin with Bathsheba, he was punished with the deaths of four of his relatives. Not only that, but when he is old and enflamed with lust, he has the most beautiful girl in Israel trying to sleep with him, but he can't "get up"! That's probably the worst curse imaginable! I love the Old Testament; the stories are so rich and beautiful.

I tried to tan today. I don't know if it worked. I'm going to keep trying throughout the summer.

My friend Kyle showed me this. This is a documentary that says, "September 11 was organized the U.S. Government." It's pretty interesting (I used to think conspiracy-theorists were crazy, but now I don't know what I believe). Anyways, it's an hour long and worth your attention; it's very well put-together. Keep in mind, too, that governments have been corrupt since the dawn of time. We're naive to think that our government should be any different. The website with the video is here.

7 comments:

Dylan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dylan said...

You dont want to know what my first comment was...I posted it before I watched the video. Anyways, dude you have to keep in mind that anyone can get their point across and leave the whole picture out. Look at all the evidence we have that it was Osama Bin Ladin and Al Quaeda.

Although I have to say I did rather enjoy the video, it was very well done and had some good points. I guess we have to make our own decisions. But Pres. Bush being a man of God would he really authorize the killing of 3000 or more people?

I dont think so.

darker than silence said...

Bush being a man of God... Ah, a whole other can-of-worms (jk)! Haha. Love ya, dude. This summer is gonna be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Bush being a man of God. Isn't Man of God and politician an oxymoron?

darker than silence said...

Haha, very true.

Dylan said...

Maybe your generalization about politicians is wrong? I think so. Not everyone is corrupt. Although many are. We are lucky freakin Kerry =x didnt take office!

darker than silence said...

History tells the story best.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...