Thursday, April 27, 2006

When I say "I am a christian" I'm not trying to be strong. I am professing I'm weak and need his strength to carry on. When I say "I am a christian" I am not bragging of success. I am admitting that I have failed and need God to clean my mess. When I say "I am a christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect, my flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it. When I say "I am a christian" I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon his name. When I say "I am a christian" I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner who received God's grace somehow. - an anonymous poem

We need to remember who we are.

Tonight I am going to the Reds game with Brian, Megan, and Cassie. Cassie convinced me to go; I was planning on writing my last English assignment tonight during the Reds. Cassie and her cousin Monica lost their uncle yesterday; both are going through a rough time right now. Tomorrow I am going to write the English paper then head up to Springboro to eat lunch with Ams, hang out for a while, then drive to Beavercreak to pick up a friend before returning to C.C.U. Tomorrow I teach the Senior High kids; the lesson is on the Crossing of the Red Sea. It's a chilling story when you really look at it.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Beautiful poem! I already told you about the fact that there are so many atheists here in The Netherlands. I am not. But, maybe because I'm surounded by them, I start to doubt if He exists.

Unknown said...

I love it man. I cant wait to hang out with you this summer man.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...