Monday, April 10, 2006

In class yesterday, we talked about the kingdom of GOD. There were only fifteen of us (because of spring break), but the kids were active and participated. We talked about how Jesus' primary mission was not forgiveness but rather bringing the kingdom of GOD into peoples' lives. We talked about how the kingdom of GOD bears upon us as individuals, bears upon the world through the Church, and how the kingdom of GOD somehow (in a way I cannot possibly understand) encompasses all of creation, from microbes to galaxy clusters. We also talked about how the heart of the kingdom of GOD is rekindled intimacy with GOD, intimacy with others (in the Church), and intimacy with creation, though these intimacies will not be fully realized until consummation.

After much prayer and contemplation, I've decided to stay in Springboro this summer rather than work as a counselor at the camp. I have made this decision for a multitude of reasons; there are several pros and cons to both working in Springboro or serving as a counselor. I chose Springboro because I will be able to make more money for college while still being able to serve. I hope to start a college-aged small group with my friends investigating what it really means to be a Christian.

A friend and I went to Cici's pizza buffet last night. It was a pretty good time. We talked a lot about our futures. He has considered going onto the mission field, into places like South America and Africa. I told him that I was thinking about being a church planter when I graduated college, perhaps even going to England or Australia. I told him that if I weren't married when I graduated college, I might try going overseas for a few years and serving there. The conversation naturally led to marriage. He wants to get married, but is afraid of it. He has been hurt by women numerous times throughout his life and finds them hard to trust. He has a girlfriend in West Chester, a good Christian girl who is beautiful inside and out. He refuses to date girls on campus because relationships always escalate way too fast. Talking about the girls on campus, I said, "There's only a few that I've met who are really good marriage material... At least in the sense of being the kind of girl I'm looking for in marriage. I personally only know a handful, and they have good boyfriends."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have an answer to your prayers. I will turn your application in today. I hope they will let us know soon. Also, I am SO HAPPY that you will be able to go on vacation with us! Mom

Mike said...

I will definitely be praying for you. There is a need for college age ministry in the area. The are a lot of obstacles and hoops to jump through, but if it is God's plan for you it will happen.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...