Saturday, April 01, 2006

A swell of massive thunderstorms rolled over our campus last night. Brian, Caleb, Cassie, Megan and I all laid out on the hill, soaking wet in the rain, freezing in the wind, watching the lightning dance over Cincinnati, acting like complete fools. I also beat Trista in four out of six ping-pong games; she used to always brag about how much better she was than me. Now we have constant competitions; we're do for one tonight. I did not go to Akron this weekend like I expected to; I just have too much school-work to get done: a research paper on cheap grace, reading the first half of Joshua, and working on an outline of the gospel. I ate lunch with Chris, Laura, Kaufman and Megan--now I will perhaps try to read Joshua and fall asleep while listening to techno music.

Tomorrow's post: Missional-Living. It should be good.

You broke the bonds, and you
loosed the chains,
carried the cross
of my shame,
of my shame.
U2 - "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

1 comment:

Dylan said...

Falling asleep to techno music...nice. =-)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...