Monday, April 24, 2006

I just got back from a wonderful game of "lost boy." A bunch of us went to the Mt. Echo Park woods and hunted one another with paintball guns. My body is a walking graveyard, and even though I got stuck in a tree, it was an overall thrilling experience. We all returned to campus to sit around staring at each other while drinking juices from the coffee shop. Our days here at C.C.U. have been filled with end-of-semester papers and battles on Counter-Strike, a wonderful game I loaded onto my PC. I can't wait for this summer, yet I am sad to be leaving all these great people for three months. I plan on making a summer circuit once a month, though, over the weekend: go down to Hamilton to visit Caleb and Trista, then into Cincy to visit Megan and Cassie, then down to Brian's parsonage for Sunday, and return back in time for work on Monday. I was sitting in Brian and Caleb's room and realized that GOD has brought me so many great friends who are just as passionate about Him as I am (and some far more passionate!). I thank GOD for them everyday.

I am reading Radical Reformission for Evangelism 101. It's an amazing book. Please read it--it's challenging widely-held beliefs regarding evangelism, culture, and Christianity. It is not heresy, though; in fact, the book makes it clear that when engaging culture and experiencing the gospel in culture, we must stay true to the gospel as preached by Christ and the Apostles.

I will be teaching this Sunday. I'm extremely excited.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Yep, it's a good book. Mark Driscoll has some good stuff to say.

I'm reading Irresistible Revolution - it's something that's right up your alley, anthony.

darker than silence said...

I'm halfway through Irresistable Revolution... I actually made a post about it a week or two ago... an amazing book.

Fiona said...

You really are a passionate Christian. When I read your blogs, it fascinates me. Because a lot of people here are atheists, at least all my friends are. Even some teachers at school try convince that there is no God. I don't know how that is in the US ?

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...