Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Caleb and I went to Mt. Echo for a few hours yesterday afternoon, walking along the creek, swapping stories and laughter, talking about girls, consummation, and the upcoming semester. We're rooming together, and we're trying to figure out how we can design our room to make it "ours." I plan on building a bookshelf to bring in my library, and Caleb wants to decorate the room with Texan apparel; that's fine by me. I ate dinner outside on the coffee shop patio, then Monica and Lindsey joined me, and for five hours we worked on lesson plans for Foundations of Education. I took a break halfway through to play ping-pong with Andrew and Trista. Once I completely completed my lesson plans, I took a walk, enjoying the cool air. I ran into Heather halfway and stopped to talk to her. Cassie then joined us, and Monica and Becky came not long afterwards. We sat and talked for a while, then Heather, Cassie and I took a walk around campus (4 times!). We talked about our dreams for the future: Heather wants to get married and be a missionary somewhere, and Cassie wants to get married and raise a family along the white beaches of Florida. *sigh* I'm going to miss this place come summertime.

This day is to be spent working on a research paper that is due tomorrow and studying for an evangelism quiz I'm probably going to fail (I haven't taken any notes; the class is too early for me to consciously take notes). A few of us might go to Cassie's work, Potbelly, to join her on her last day there. She has a job at the coffee shop and a job working as a babysitter at nights with Megan. I might stay here an extra week and take my O.T. Poetry class; Dyke is teaching it, and he's probably the one teacher whom I can sit through for eight hours a day, five days a week.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...