Tuesday, December 06, 2005

a conversation

Tonight I went to God in prayer for a good measure of time and just cried out for His voice in these trying times. His voice came through several times, through scripture and song. The invitation Jesus gave in Matthew 11:28-30 came to me, and I accepted and went to Him for rest. I cried out, wondering where He's been this entire time, and He's replied, "I'm here, holding you, kissing you, crying with you, even washing your feet." He's told me, "Just wait. Your time is coming. She's coming. Things will get better." And with a wink, "A LOT better!"

As I was praying for God's voice, this song came to my ear. It is Creed's Lullaby, and I believe it is God and my's way of talking to me through this troubling time:

GOD: Hush my love, now, don't you cry. Everything will be all right. Close your eyes and drift in dream. Rest in peaceful sleep. If there's one thing I hope I showed you: just give love to all.

ME: Oh my love... in my arms tight. Everyday you give me life. As I drift off to your world, I will rest in peaceful sleep. I know there's one thing that you showed me: just give love to all. Let's give love to all.

Several weeks ago I spoke at Fuel and talked about why I love Jesus. I didn't go into any theology, really, because theology isn't why I love Jesus at all. I love theology
because of my love for Jesus. As I stood in front of all those kids and told them why I love Jesus, I told them that I love Him because He comes to me in my suffering, and He suffers with me. He doesn't always give me all the answers, but He kneels beside me, and as tears slide down His cheeks as He sees me suffering, He whispers, "I love you. I love you so much." He comes to me again and whispers: "Shhh. Don't cry, my Love. Everything will be all right. My Father knew this would happen, and yet He has given you a promise: you will experience what you desire so much. You must wait a little longer. It breaks His heart to see you like this, but everything will be okay."

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...