Saturday, December 17, 2005

Today was my first day working at I.G.A. in about five months. While I'm not gonna lie--I'm not a fan of the job--it was nice to hang out and talk with the other workers whom I've missed. As I rang up orders and bagged groceries and walked the lot checking for stray grocery carts, I couldn't help but look back on how much has changed. In my journal a week or two ago, I wrote, "Everything changes so fast." In five months, so much has changed:

Crank's Creek 2005 is over. So is C.I.Y. 2005. The Junior High Excursion came and went. I moved into college and met so many great people: Brian, Caleb, John, Forest, Alex, Rob, Nick, Corey Isaac, Aaron, Todd... Don't forget Rochelle, Cassie, Leann, Courtney, Jessica, Kim, Ashley D. When I left I.G.A. in July, I had no idea who Ashley Ryan was; now she's become a good part of my life. I've comprehensively studied the Book of Acts, taken a college psychology course, enjoyed an ancient Greek/Roman history class, and had to memorize much of ancient Israel's geography and culture. Plus I've finished two great books: The Rose of Sharon and Flowers Quickly Fading.

Walking through I.G.A., I wondered, "How much will have changed after the close of next semester?" Who will my new friends be, what will I have learned, what books will I have completed... And the question that haunts me the most, "Will I finally have a girlfriend?" I'm a bleeding-heart romantic. I feel incomplete without "her" even though I do not know who "she" is!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...