Friday, December 02, 2005

I know it's late... 4 o'clock actually... But I am skipping my morning classes tomorrow so I can get some needed sleep for my big weekend vacation. I am throwing off the reigns of 412 duties and not returning to Springboro. One of my good friends, Ashley, has a birthday today--19!!!--and me and two of her other friends are traveling to El Nora, Indiana to "party it up." Basically we're just going to be hanging out Saturday, going to the Bass Pro Shop (which Brian tells me is awesome), and after Church gathering on Sunday, we're driving back here to C.C.U. I'm looking forward to it.

How has life been for Anthony? My intimacy with God is deepening, as it should be. Some days are better than others, sure, but everyday that is a struggle is also an opportunity to embrace God and just let Him come in and redeem the tears. I am thankful for God gifting me with so many good friends here. As my circle of friends widen, I am overly thankful that God has given me out of them all a handful of people with whom I can just share the deep pains and joys of my life, my bitter secrets and my happiest daydreams. Even though exams are coming up and tensions are high, I'm able to wear a smile on my face and joy on my sleeve.

I am thankful that I've got a job at I.G.A. over Christmas break. I never thought I would say that I was thankful for having a job at I.G.A., but I am. I need the money badly. Mom and Dad warned me about spending too much of my money, and I thought I could handle it. I was most definitely wrong. I pulled the no-surprise college-freshman stunt and all but bankrupted my account. My head falls in shame and I vow to never let my kids have more than two hundred dollars in their bank accounts per semester. They can live off that, they really can. The rest is spent on needless accessories. It sucks to be bankrupt. At least, I guess, I'm not in debt.

Some upcoming things on which I probably will be spending money: Seeing The Chronicles of Narnia, Applebee's to celebrate Ashley's birthday (sometime next week probably), maybe the movie Walk the Line (I'm a big Johnny Cash fan!), and I might also go to the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens. We college kids get free tickets but parking is seven bucks. By then I'll be cramming for exams then packing for home.

2 comments:

Dylan said...

Gotta love those posts of yours...very relaxing I might add. =) Hope to see you soon buddy!

Unknown said...

Don't see Chronicles of Narnia yet! Go see it with me! lol But I really want to see tha movie. Exams are going to suck, but im looing forward to coming home=)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...