Friday, December 09, 2005

Last weekend was one of the most enjoyable weekends of my life. While it didn't last, for three days I felt complete. God has made me romantic. It is hard to be desperately romantic but to have no one to romance. It is hard to be a hopeless romantic and feel so alone. It is hard, for being alone, being without a girl to romance, feels incomplete; no surprise, for you truly are incomplete. Last weekend, I felt complete. I felt complete because I longed for and desired a girl in a romantic--note: not sensual--way; what made it complete, however, was that--for all my knowledge--she longed for and desired me in the same way. That was completion. The news on Monday hurt so much because suddenly the paradise of completeness was replaced with the hell of being incomplete. No wonder I shed tears. Going from complete to incomplete in a second is akin to your arm being suddenly ripped off in a wood-chip-grinder. It is literally painful. All who are heartbroken know this.

The pain hasn't diminished. It has, however, shrunken to the size it's been most of my life. Still there, still painful, but submerged. One day it will be erased and I will be complete. When I woke up last Saturday morning at her house, I felt complete. It was a joyful, holistic reunion with the way life is meant to be lived. It was the Psalm 40 life. One day I will experience the Psalm 40 life again. As I told Jessica, I put my hope, my trust, and myself into God. As I walk in the valley, I am still able to be thankful, and thankfulness flows from my heart:

I am thankful that many of my friends here on campus are taking their dream-girls to the Festival of Lights. Way-to-go, guys. I've been praying for them all in this area and it just makes me so happy that they're going to be going on dates with the girls of their dreams.

I am thankful for all my friends: Amanda, Ashlie, Chris, Lee, Pat, Caleb, John, Forest, Brian, to name a few. I take them for granted to much. I'm sorry!

I am thankful for my awesome Mom and Dad. They're just that cool and that wonderful.

I am thankful that God has answered one of my biggest prayers ever. My constant cry, my "persevering widow" prayer--that God would take away my acne--has been answered for several months now. When I realized it, I felt horrible, because I had never really thanked Him. I know that when I find the girl of my dreams, I will dote on her and love her and spoil her and treat her right and thank God for her with my every breath!

You are reading the blog of a very blessed child of God, even if he doesn't see it all the time!

1 comment:

Dylan said...

You are truly blessed and highly favored bro. lol. God bless you.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...