Sunday, December 11, 2005

Last night was amazing. Ashley, Forest and I loaded up in my Jeep and drove to the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens for the annual Festival of Lights. While the laser light show absolutely sucked, the exhibits were amazing with all the snow everywhere. The lights in the trees and on the statues and such sparkled on the surface of the snow. As I walked along, I felt my heart beat, felt God's presence, and felt the Kingdom more than ever. Surrounded by animals of God's creation, one can't help but to be humbled by God's power and beauty. Speaking of animals, I just have to mention this: in the penguin exhibit, there were Christmas lights organized in penguin patterns, and these lights were hanging over the exhibit. All seven of the penguins were just sitting in one spot and staring at the lights, flapping their wings, refusing to move. I find that hilarious.

I didn't go to Southwest today because I am here studying for my exams. Today is dedicated to my Acts of the Apostles exam tomorrow. I should do pretty good; I have a good grasp on the topical subjects and I've got (almost) all of the scripture memorization completed. I am going to study here again in a few minutes, and tonight, Forest, Ashley, Monica and I are heading out to Applebee's for a bite to eat and some hardcore studying.

I've been dying to write fiction lately. I am thinking about writing a small romantic tragedy that is hopeful at the end. Kind of like Flowers Quickly Fading, except without the morose and unhappy ending. Flowers Quickly Fading is doing almost as good--even a little better!--than my "hit" 36 Hours, so I know I'm at least decent at this kind of writing.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...